Want dinner in a hurry? This air fryer shrimp recipe is simple to make, tasty, and can easily double as an appetizer or main dish. Perfect for busy weeknights!
Looking for a quick and delicious dinner option? This recipe is for you! The shrimp cook in the air fryer in less than 10 minutes and they come out juicy and tasty.
Plus, they’re a great source of protein yet virtually carb-free. Enjoy on their own as an appetizer or pair them with cauliflower mash for a keto-friendly meal!
Air Fryer Shrimp Ingredients
- Shrimp– use any type of shrimp such as white or tiger, but make sure to choose large (31/40) to jumbo (16/20) for best results.
- Seasoning– I like lemon pepper but feel free to swap with other spices such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, or Cajun seasoning.
- Cooking spray– don’t forget to lightly grease the inside of the air fryer rack to prevent the shrimp from sticking
- If frozen, thaw the shrimp completely for even cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer and cook in batches as needed, arranging the shrimp in a single layer, to ensure circulation of hot air
- If you have time, marinate the shrimp to infuse more flavor. One of my favorites is Italian dressing!
- If you’re using some form of acid like lemon juice or red wine vinegar, do not marinate for too long as the acids will break down the protein and make the shrimp mushy.
How to serve
- Air fryer shrimp are delicious as an appetizer with a choice of dipping sauce or as a main dish with your favorite sides. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and crumbled Feta cheese if you like.
- Transfer leftovers in a covered container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for about 1 to 2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Shrimp tend to turn tough and rubbery when overcooked so I usually enjoy the leftovers cold instead of heating them again. Toss them with salad greens to quickly add protein.
More air fryer seafood recipes
Air Fryer Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp and lemon-pepper seasoning. Toss to fully coat.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and arrange the shrimp in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the basket and cook in batches as needed.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 to 8 minutes at 400 degrees or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Flip the shrimp halfway through for even cooking.
- Remove from basket and serve hot.