Air Fryer Steak Fajitas is easy on prep yet big on taste. Your favorite Tex-Mex dish turns out juicy and flavorful in under 30 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknight dinners!
If you love the big, bold flavors of Tex-Mex cooking, then you’re in for a treat! This steak fajitas is tender, juicy, and loaded with onions, colorful bell peppers, and spices for a flavorsome meal the whole family will love.
Plus it’s cooked in the air fryer for minimal tending and comes together in under 30 minutes. Perfect for days when you’re too busy or too lazy to come up with a more complicated dinner!
To keep with the quick and easy theme, have your neighborhood butcher cut the flank steak into thin strips to save you the work. If you need to do it yourself, freeze the meat for a few minutes until slightly firm to make slicing easier.
This air fryer steak fajita recipe also uses store-bought taco seasoning to easily spice up the meat. If you’d like to make it from scratch, here is a simple seasoning mix below.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Use about 3 tablespoons to season the steak strips and store the remainder in an airtight container.
- Not a fan of beef? Substitute chicken or shrimp!
- Cut the flank steak into thin, uniform slices to ensure fast and even cooking. Make sure the meat is cut across the grain for a more tender chew.
- Slice the bell peppers into thin, long strips and the onions in thin rings. Cut in even thickness so they’ll all cook at the same rate.
- Feel free to use a mix of red, green, and yellow bell peppers for color. You can also try red onions for added color or Pecos onions for a hint of sweetness.
- We used a 10-qt Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer and Toaster Oven and halfway through cooking, we took out the tray briefly to toss the ingredients to ensure even cooking. If using a basket-style air fryer model, make sure to shake the basket halfway through.
- To lock in the heat longer, transfer and serve the steak fajitas on a heated cast-iron plate.
- Enjoy with warm tortillas along garnishings such as sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole, sliced limes, and fresh cilantro. Make it a hearty plateful with Spanish rice and refried beans.
- Swap the flour tortillas with pita bread and switch up the sour cream with hummus for variety!
- Use as topping for baked potatoes or nachos.
- Allow to cool completely and add to pasta or green salads.
How to store
- Transfer to a covered container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, store the cooked meat only and freeze for up to 2 months. Grill fresh onions and bell peppers when ready to serve as these vegetables become mushy when frozen and thawed.
- To reheat, place in the air fryer and heat at 350 F for about 5 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165 F. Alternatively, warm on a hot skillet over the stovetop, turning regularly, until heated through.
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- 2 pounds flank steak strips
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cored, and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- cooking spray
- flour tortillas
- cilantro, chopped
- Season steak with taco seasoning. Marinate for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray the air fryer tray with cooking spray,
- Arrange the seasoned beef on the air fryer tray, cooking in batches depending on the size of the air fryer.
- Add a layer of the sliced onions and a layer of the bell peppers on top of the meat.
- Place in the air fryer for 10 minutes. Toss halfway through cooking to ensure the steak is cooked evenly.
- Remove from the air fryer and drizzle with lime juice.
- Serve in warm tortillas with fresh cilantro.