Instant Pot Baby Potatoes with Garlic Herb Butter are a crispy, fluffy, and flavorful side dish the whole family will love. These pressure cooker potatoes are easy to make and ready in minutes; perfect for busy weeknights!
We love roasted potatoes so much at home, we’ve figured out many ways to make them. We have the air fryer and slow cooker methods already up on the blog, it’s time for the pressure cooker to take the spotlight.
The Instant Pot makes cooking potatoes a breeze; all you need is 15 minutes to turn baby potatoes into a crispy, fluffy, and flavorful side dish you’ll love at all meals. They’re the perfect pair to fish, chicken, or beef!
- The recipe calls for butter but you can also use bacon or duck fat for extra depth of flavor or substitute olive oil or avocado oil as a healthier option.
- You can swap the garlic powder with fresh minced garlic if you prefer. Saute in butter with the potatoes until softened and aromatic.
- I like to use dried thyme, marjoram, oregano, rosemary in roasted potatoes, but feel free to experiment with your favorite fresh or dried herb blends, paprika, curry powder, Ranch seasoning mix, and Parmesan cheese.
- The baby potatoes were about 1 to 1 1/2 inches, and they pressure cooked to perfect tenderness in 7 minutes. If using bigger-sized potatoes, cut them into uniform pieces to ensure even cooking.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork to prevent from bursting when cooking.
- Brown the potatoes in the Instant Pot using the SAUTE feature. To sear the potatoes nicely, cook in batches as needed or pan-fry on the stovetop and transfer to the Instant Pot.
- If you want to keep the potatoes warm for an extended period using the KEEP WARM Instant Pot feature, you might want to adjust the pressure cooking time to about 1 minute less as the heat will continue to cook the potatoes and make them mushy.
- Serve Instant Pot garlic herb butter baby potatoes as a side dish for lunch or dinner. They’re also delicious tossed vinaigrette dressing into a hot potato salad with vinaigrette dressing or enjoyed cold atop tossed greens.
- Cool leftovers completely and transfer to an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- To store in the freezer, arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet, cover with film, and freeze until firm. When hard, transfer to resealable bags and freeze for up to 3 months. This way they don’t stick together when frozen.
Instant Pot Baby Potatoes with Garlic Herb Butter
- 2 pounds baby potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water or chicken or vegetable broth
- Rinse the potatoes to remove any dirt or grit. Drain well and pat dry. Using a fork, pierce the middle of each potato.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- PRESS the SAUTE mode button on the Instant Pot. When HOT appears on the display, add butter and heat with the Instant Pot lid open until it begins to melt.
- Add potatoes and cook, stirring regularly, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and herb mixture and cook, stirring regularly, until garlic is softened.
- Add water or broth.
- Press KEEP WARM/CANCEL button. Close and lock the lid and set the valve on the SEALING position. Pressure cook on HIGH for 7 minutes.
- When finished, do a QUICK RELEASE.
- Open lid and transfer potatoes to a serving platter. Serve hot.