This savory Instant Pot Balsamic Bacon Green Beans recipe is ready in just 20 minutes. It’s the most perfect side dish ever: veggies, a little bit of meat, and a lot of beautiful flavors all wrapped into one. Plus, you can’t beat how easy it is to make. Literally set-it-and-forget-it!
If you’re looking for the ultimate side dish, look no further: these pressure green beans are your choice for the night. I love this recipe in particular for four main reasons.
- Perfect for picky eaters. I don’t just mean the little ones in our lives, though we all know they certainly refuse their portion of vegetables sometimes. There are a whole lot of adults that just flat-out don’t like green beans or any green vegetables at all. This savory-sweet bacon green bean recipe will change their minds!
- Easy to make in the Instant Pot. This recipe is fitting for those of us who don’t always have the time for something more involved.
- Great for holiday season. As of writing, there are a lot of food-related holidays coming up, and I know we’re all looking for hassle-free ways to get wonderful meals on the table. Make these Instant Pot green beans and you don’t have to worry about one of your side dishes, at least!
- Naturally gluten-free. Great for guests who have dietary restrictions or preferences.
Many of these ingredients you’ll likely already have in your pantry. The rest are easily accessible at your local grocery store!
- Butter– for sauteing; use more or less depending on how fatty or meaty the bacon
- Bacon– adds crunch and a smoky taste. You can substitute diced sausage or ham for variety.
- Onions and garlic– these aromatics add loads of flavors.
- Honey, chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and salt/pepper– this combination of seasonings takes this simple side dish to something incredible!
- Green beans– use fresh for the best results
- For extra color and texture, you can also add other vegetables such as cherry tomatoes or sliced mushrooms.
- Don’t use too much grease! The bacon will usually render enough fat to saute the vegetables. Add butter just to make about 1 to 2 tablespoons of fat.
There are so many ways to serve these bacon green beans! As I’ve said, they’re the perfect side dish, especially for food-heavy holidays like Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. They’ll make a delicious accompaniment to your favorite roasts!
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon, , chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- Press the SAUTE mode to turn on and add the bacon. Cook until it crisps up and renders fat. With a slotted spoon, remove from pot and set aside.
- Add butter as needed to make about 2 tablespoons fat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 1 minute or until softened.
- Add the chicken broth and scrape the bottom and sides with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pot.
- Add the honey, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Stir until combined.
- Add in the green beans and mix well.
- Close and lock the lid and set the valve on the SEALING position. Pressure cook on HIGH for 1 minute for crispier green beans or for 2 minutes for a softer texture.
- When finished, quickly release pressure.
- Open the instant pot and add the bacon. Serve hot.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”