Instant Pot Cajun Cauliflower Rice is a healthy, low-carb dish you’ll love serving the whole family. It’s ready in minutes in the pressure cooker and full of bold flavors that will have everyone wanting more!
One of my favorite low carb Instant pot meals has to be this cauliflower rice. Hearty, full of good for you nutrients, and bursting with spicy cajun flavors, it’s sure to be a dinner favorite!
And not only is this vegetable dish nutritious and delicious, but it’s also a quick, no-fuss complete meal that’s ready in thirty minutes in the pressure cooker. Perfect for busy weeknights!
This Louisana-inspired dish starts off with Cajun cuisine’s holy trinity of onions, bell peppers, and celery for flavor and texture.
Kielbasa sausage is also added for a smoky taste as well as kick up the protein. Feel free to experiment with other cured meats such as Tasso ham or andouille sausages as well as shrimp or chicken.
Riced cauliflower takes the place of traditional rice in this recipe for a delicious Paleo-approved, keto-friendly option. All the spicy, bold flavors with fewer carbs!
It’s boldly seasoned with a blend of paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, and ground black pepper. Ready Cajun seasoning mixes are also available at the spice aisle of most major supermarkets.
How to prepare cauliflower
The recipe uses frozen riced cauliflower you can find at most grocery stores. You can also prep the cauliflower in three ways to resemble rice grains.
- In a food processor-cut the cauliflower into 1 to 2-inch florets and pulse in a food processor to a rice-like texture
- With a Microplane grater-cut into large size florets and grate using the medium-size grater holes
- With a knife-cut on a cutting board into florets and mince into a rice-like texture using a chef’s knife
How to serve
- Serve this pressure cooker cajun cauliflower rice as a delicious and filling side dish or main entree.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat in the microwave at 1 to 2-minute intervals until completely heated through, stirring well after each interval. If frozen, first thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
For more ways enjoy cauliflower, check out this mashed version also made in the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Cajun Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, cored, and chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) kielbasa sausage
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Without the lid on, PRESS the SAUTE mode button on the Instant Pot. When HOT appears on the display, add butter.
- Add bell peppers and onions and cook until softened. serve.
- Add sliced kielbasa and cook until lightly browned.
- Turn off the SAUTE setting and add the cauliflower rice to the pot and stir until ingredients are combined.
- Add paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
- Add broth and stir again to evenly distribute seasonings.
- Close and lock the lid, and set the floating valve on the SEALING. Cook on MANUAL for 5 minutes.
- When finished, do a 10-minute NATURAL RELEASE. Then turn the steam floating valve on the lid to the VENTING position to release the remaining pressure manually. Carefully open lid.
- Fluff the cauliflower rice with a fork and serve hot.