Instant Pot Garlic Butter Parmesan Chicken Wings are the ultimate party food! They’re quick and easy to make in the pressure cooker and delivers mouthwatering flavors that are sure to wow the crowd.
If you’re looking for the perfect appetizer for a crowd or just a fun yet tasty meal for the family, these pressure cooker chicken wings need to be on your list. They’re a favorite at our house and always a hit at dinner time.
These party wings are quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot. They come out tender, juicy, and finger-licking, lip-smacking delicious using only a handful of ingredients and in thirty minutes!
Garlic Butter Parmesan Seasoning
- Onion powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Minced garlic
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- I recommend using fully thawed chicken so the seasonings will stick and coat the meat well for more flavor. If unable to defrost the wings on time and using frozen, increase the cooking time for about 50% and season the chicken with the spices before baking in the oven.
- Use a trivet with handles or steamer basket so the wings do not sit in the water and become soggy.
- A food thermometer is a perfect gauge to check for doneness. Insert the tip at the thickest part of the chicken; it should read 165 F.
- Although completely cooked, broiling the chicken wings for a few minutes will crisp them up and make them extra yummy.
How to serve
- These Instant Pot garlic butter parmesan chicken wings are great as an appetizer for parties and game day with Ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping. They’re also great as a midday snack or as the main entree with sides such as air fryer carrots or twice-baked potatoes.
- To make ahead, pressure cook the wings and cool completely before transferring to an airtight container or resealable bags. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- When ready to serve, defrost in the refrigerator until fully thawed (for frozen), toss in the garlic butter mixture, and broil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped Parsley,
Instant Pot Garlic Butter Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 1 cup water
- 3 pounds chicken wings, cut tino drummettes and wingettes
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parsley, chopped
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and place a trivet with handle or steamer basket in the pot.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken wings, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Toss until meat is fully coated.
- Arrange seasoned chicken on the trivet or in the steamer basket.
- Close the lid and set the valve to SEALING position seal the lid, set to Pressure Cook on High for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter and minced garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and infused with flavor.
- When cooking is done, do a QUICK RELEASE. Using tongs, carefully remove the chicken wings from the Instant Pot and in a bowl, toss with the garlic butter mixture until coated.
- Arrange in a single layer on a lightly-greased baking sheet and broil on High in the oven for about 3-5 minutes or until the skin begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Set hot with dipping sauce.