Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken is easy to make in the crockpot yet turns out full of flavor. The moist and juicy chicken breasts topped with cream cheese, jalapenos, and crisp bacon, are like a party in your mouth!
Looking for new ideas to shake up your tired dinner routine? Try Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken!
This is a great recipe to make during the week when your schedule gets a little bit crazy. Your family will be so grateful to have a delicious home-cooked meal, and you’ll be so grateful that it only took a few minutes to throw together!
We don’t do Keto, but many of the recipes I come up with are great if you are doing Keto, this one included! There are so many ways to limit carbs without sacrificing flavor, and it doesn’t have to mean spending hours in the kitchen or buying expensive ingredients at a specialty store.
The recipe has everything you love: chicken, cheese, bacon, jalapenos, and more cheese. Juicy, creamy, spicy, cheesy, it’s like a party in your mouth!
Plus, it’s cooks with hardly any tending. After minor prep, you can go about your daily chores and let the crockpot do its magic.
And, if you want to make things even easier on yourself, you can use a slow cooker liner and toss it when you’re done! It’s the perfect trick for these cheesy recipes since the cheese can get really stuck onto the sides of the pot, and who wants to spend precious time scrubbing?
- Place the butter in the bottom of the crockpot and arrange the chicken breasts in single layer.
- Sprinkle the chicken with seasonings, spread the softened cream cheese evenly on top, and then the sliced jalapenos.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours on HIGH or 6 to 8 hours on LOW, or until the chicken reaches 165 F in the center.
- Add the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon on top, as well as the reserved jalapeno slices.
- Cover and slow cook on HIGH for another 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is all nice and melty.
- This slow cooker jalapeno popper chicken makes a hearty and tasty lunch or dinner meal with steamed rice, Ranch potatoes, and veggies.
- Like our crack chicken, this recipe also works well as an appetizer or game day food. Use finely chopped jalapenos and shred the chicken when cooked. Toss with the rest of the ingredients and serve as filling for sandwiches or as a dip for chips.
Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 1 butter butter
- 3 pounds (3 to 4 pieces) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 jalapenos, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place the butter in the bottom of the crockpot and arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the taco seasoning and garlic powder.
- Spread the softened cream cheese evenly on top of the chicken to cover and then the sliced jalapenos.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 3 to 4 hours on HIGH or 6 to 8 hours on LOW, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 F.
- Add the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon on top, as well as additional jalapeno slices.
- Cover with the lid and continue to cook on HIGH for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.