Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes are hearty, tasty, and so easy to make in the crockpot. They’re the perfect side dish for weeknight dinners or holiday parties.
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday side dish, these slow cooker ranch potatoes need to be on your list! Not only are they incredibly tasty and sure to be a crowd favorite, but they’re also easy to whip up with minimal prep and simple pantry ingredients you probably already have on hand.
After a short work of cutting the potatoes in halves and tossing them in seasonings, they conveniently cook in the crockpot with almost zero tending. Plus, there’s no “roasting” involved thus freeing up the oven for other things on the menu.
How to Cook Potatoes in a Slow Cooker
- Cut the potatoes into serving size.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, minced garlic, Ranch dry seasoning, dried Parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer into a lightly greased crockpot and cook on LOW for about 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for about 4 to 5 hours until tender.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and additional dried Parsley.
Tips on How to Make Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes
- I like to use baby Dutch yellow potatoes as they tend to hold their shape better and have thin skins that don’t require peeling.
- Cut the potatoes into a uniform size to ensure even cooking.
- For an extra boost of flavor, swap part or all of the olive oil with butter.
- To help the potatoes crisp up, leave the lid partly open during the last hour.
- Want to load them up with cheesy goodness? Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese when the potatoes are tender and continue to cook covered until cheese is melted.
Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes
- 3 pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 packet (1 ounce) dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. Cut in halves.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, Ranch seasoning mix, minced garlic, dried Parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to fully coat potatoes.
- Lightly grease the crockpot insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer potatoes to crockpot and cover with lid. Cook on LOW for about 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for about 3 to 5 hours until tender.
- Leave the lid open partway during the last 40 to 50 minutes to crisp up potatoes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dried Parsley. Serve hot.