Slow Cooker Little Smokies with a sweet and tangy sauce are fun and tasty appetizers sure to be a hit with the crowd. Super easy to make in the crockpot with only four ingredients!
With football in full gear and the holidays fast approaching, I’ve been giving our favorite slow cooker appetizers such as beef queso more test runs than my waist care to count. You know, just to make sure the recipes work. *wink
These crockpot little smokies sausages are high up on our party food line up for many good reasons and guests can’t enough of them!
- They’re generously smothered in a sweet and tangy sauce which complements the smoky flavors of the cocktail weiners.
- They come in fun bite sizes perfect for feeding a large crowd.
- They’re so easy to make with almost zero work and only four ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- They conveniently cook in the crockpot freeing up the stove or the oven for other things on the menu.
- They can be served and kept warm in the slow cooker for the party.
Are little smokies already cooked?
Yes, these cocktail weiners are fully cooked and can be eaten straight out of the bag.
They are, however, in my opinion, best enjoyed when heated especially in a mouthwatering sauce such as in this slow cooker recipe.
All you need to make the sweet and tangy sauce are only three pantry staples namely brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard!
There’s even no need to dirty another bowl! Just place the sausages in the crockpot and add the rest of the ingredients. Give everything a good stir, cover, and cook on LOW for about 3 to 4 hours or on HIGH for about 2 to 3 hours until heated through. That’s it!
Doing the recipe in the slow cooker means tasty appetizers with hardly any effort but sometimes, 2 hours is too long to wait! You can easily make them on the stovetop and transfer to the crockpot to keep warm.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard. Bring to a boil for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring regularly until sugar is dissolved.
- Add sausages. Lower heat and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and sauce is slightly reduced.
- Want a delicious kick of heat? Replace the ketchup with chili sauce!
- This recipe also works well with kielbasa sausages. Just cut them up in bite-sized pieces and proceed with the recipe as directed.
Slow Cooker Little Smokies
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) Little smokies sausages
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- In a slow cooker, place sausages.
- Add brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard. Stir to distribute.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 3 to 4 hours or on HIGH for about 2 to 3 hours until heated through.