Instant Pot Crack Chicken for the ultimate moist and flavorful chicken you’ll love in sandwiches, salads, or pasta. Made with simple ingredients and less than 20 minutes in the pressure cooker, it’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
For my follow-up Instant Pot recipe to the finger-licking, lip-smacking amazing baby back ribs with cola sauce, I’d like to share with you my favorite way to prepare boneless chicken breasts in the pressure cooker. Chicken bacon ranch A.K.A. as crack chicken!
This shredded ranch chicken is called crack for good reason. Creamy, cheesy, and loaded with smoky bacon crumbles, it’s seriously addicting!
How to serve chicken bacon ranch
This stuff is so good, you’d want to put use it on everything! Here are a few delicious suggestions below.
- In sandwiches and sliders
- Tossed with your favorite pasta
- As a spread for crackers or toasts
- Topped on baked potatoes or green salads
- As filling for taquitos, burritos, or enchiladas
Pressure cooking instructions
Other than being tasty and multi-purpose, this Instant pot chicken is also incredibly easy to make. You’d be pleasantly surprised by how flavorful it turns out with so little effort.
- Trim the chicken breasts of excess fat. Rinse and pat dry.
- In the pressure cooker, place chicken, Ranch seasoning, cream cheese, and liquid of choice (water or broth for more flavor).
- Cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes and do 5 minutes natural release and then quick release when done. Turn the Instant Pot on Saute Mode on LOW (using LESS button).
- Remove chicken from the pot, shred coarsely with two forks, and return to the pot.
- Add cheese, bacon, and green onions. Give it a good stir until the mixture thickens.
Please don’t be alarmed when you open the Instant Pot as the chicken will be sitting in a pool of liquid and everything will look kind of
messy unappetizing with the melted cream cheese. Once the shredded chicken is returned to the pot and the remaining ingredients are tossed in, the sauce will turn nice and creamy.
How to make slow cooker crack chicken
You can also make it in a crockpot which is just as easy, albeit a few hours longer.
- In a slow cooker, place 2 pounds chicken breasts, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning, and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook on LOW for about 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for about 4 to 5 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, coarsely shred with two forks.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese, crumbled crisp bacon, and green onions.
- Give it a good stir and serve.
Can you Freeze Ranch Chicken?
Yes, you can! The recipe makes a big batch and more than comfortably feeds a family of four especially if served in sandwiches.
- Allow to cool and store in resealable bags or airtight containers. Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up 3 months for the best quality and food safety.
- When ready to serve, thaw completely and slowly reheat in a saucepan over low heat. Add milk in 1/4 cup increments if the mixture is too thick or dry.
Give this Instant Pot Crack chicken a try for dinner tonight and let me know what you think in the comments below. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet (1.5 ounces) dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Montery Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crisp bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- pepper to taste
- Trim chicken of excess fat. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a pressure cooker insert, arrange chicken in a single layer.
- Add dry Ranch seasoning mix.
- Place cream cheese on top of chicken.
- Add water or broth.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. When the Instant Pot beeps, do a natural release for 5 minutes and then quick release.
- Turn on SAUTE mode on LOW (using LESS on the Instant Pot).
- Remove chicken from the pot and coarsely shred with two forks.
- Return shredded chicken to the Instant Pot and add shredded cheese, bacon crumbles, and green onions.
- Stir until well-distributed and mixture is nice and creamy. Season with pepper to taste, if desired. Serve immediately.